Despite the fact, an installation CD that came along with your smart Netgear WiFi router consists of a wizard that makes the Netgear router setup an easy process.
But what if the installation CD is broken or misplaced? How will you complete the installation process of your Netgear device?
As a matter of fact, the answer to your question is ‘control panel’ of Netgear that is always available for computers or laptops. But they should be physically and properly connected to the home WiFi network.
To set up your Netgear Device without any installation CD, you have to:
Keep your existing modem and the main Netgear wireless router within reach of each other.
- Connect your Netgear router to the existing modem through an Ethernet cable.
- After that, Connect your Netgear router to a computer or laptop with an additional cable.
- Don’t worry, this is only the temporary process.
- Once your router is configured successfully, you can disconnect all the wires that are connected with your main device.
- Now, what you are going to do, plug your Netgear device into an electrical outlet and hit the ‘power’ button on it.
The modem you are using to configure your Netgear wireless router should be up-to-date by the latest version of technology.
If you are running an outdated version of firmware on your modem or router, you will be failed to access the login page.
- Next, open an internet browser and navigate to the default login page using the web-based address or IP address.
- Now, you are supposed to log in through username and password (default login credentials).
- Once you are on the Netgear wireless router login page, click on Wireless Settings option.
- If you wanna change the name of your existing WiFi network, then choose a unique and strong name and enter in SSID field.
- At last, just hit on the Apply button and save the wireless settings.
Now, you can exit from the web browser and disconnect all the connected devices with the smart Netgear router.
Some Beneficial Tips
- If the default IP address of your smart wireless router doesn’t allow you to access login page, then you can make use of the URL.
- In case, you found that routerlogin net not working, then you have to exit from the current browser.
- Clear the entire browsing history, malware, cache, cookies, and malware.
- Restart your device and opt for another relevant and up-to-date web browser.
- Note it down:- If this process doesn’t allow you to visit the login page to set up your device, then it is recommended to update the firmware on your Netgear wireless router immediately.
- Place your Netgear wireless router openly, at a higher shelf, in an airy room to gain good and uninterrupted WiFi signals.
- Do not overheat your Netgear device and existing modem.
- Frequently clean them with a dry piece of cloth. Do not cover them.
Take Care of the following things
Place your router and the range extender far away from the reach of:
- Baby monitor
- Concrete walls
- Metal appliances
- Electronic gadgets
- Cordless phones
- Bluetooth devices
- Reflection of mirror
- Mixer grinder, etc.
For more answers to your queries, you can give us a call at toll-free number 1-888-927-4505.