Just like 75% other Netgear router users out there, if you are too bothered by ‘Netgear router won’t connect to Internet’ issue, here is a must-have troubleshooting guide for you. Ranging from basic to advanced, here you will find permanent solutions to internet problems with your Netgear WiFi router.
This guide will surely help you out if you are facing one of the below-given problems:
- Netgear router can’t connect to Internet
- Connection issues with my Netgear router
- Netgear router is not connecting to Internet
- WiFi router red light
- Recently lost my Internet connection, how to get my connection back?
- Netgear router not detecting Internet
- My WiFi router says no connected but no Internet access
- Netgear router no internet connection detected
- No Internet after enabling Parental Controls on Netgear Genie
- Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 not connecting to Internet
- Netgear router not getting Internet
- Can’t access Internet on my Nighthawk router
Let’s make you aware of everything you have to do in this context!
How to Determine Netgear Router No Internet Problem?
If you don’t wish to waste your time with unnecessary troubleshooting steps, then firstly you have to know and verify the cause of ‘Netgear router not connecting to Internet’ error. And later, troubleshoot it properly.
Here’s how to identify Netgear router won’t connect to Internet issue:
- No Internet LED on your router.
- Can connect to WiFi router but not able to browse the Internet.
- Router’s power LED is red.
Troubleshooting: Netgear Router won’t Connect to Internet
I recently lost my Internet connection, how do I get it back? – Do you also have the same query? If so, you will be looking for the possible fix to resolve Netgear router no Internet, right?
Let’s have a look at some basic troubleshooting steps to rectify this error:
- Make sure that the cable connections are finger-tight.
- The cables you are using should not be damaged or loosen by debris.
- Turn on your wireless adapter.
- Make sure that the router is getting proper power supply.
- Check if the power light on your router is solid green.
- There should be a healthy working status of modem, computer and router in terms of hardware.
- Partial or incorrect Netgear router configuration may also result in Netgear router not connecting to WiFi issue.
- Apart from this, access routerlogin web page and confirm that your router is running on the latest firmware version.
Once done, try connecting your Netgear router to Internet. If not, proceed further with advanced troubleshooting steps mentioned in the next section.
Advanced Solutions for Netgear Router won’t Connect to Internet
On the off chance that you are still unable to access the Internet with your Netgear WiFi router, consider the following steps:
- Update the firmware version on your Netgear router.
- Restart your router and modem.
- Keep a clear line of sight between your router and computer.
- Remember to place the router away from interference of electronic devices such as cordless phones, baby monitors, microwave ovens, Bluetooth speakers, etc.
- Re-configure your router.
- For re-configuration, access Netgear WiFi router login web-based page and type valid login details.
- After login, if you see that there is a static IP address, then configure your router with DNS address and IP address.
- In case of dynamic IP, click on the Smart Wizard button and verify whether the router is gaining Internet access or not.
These troubleshooting steps might fix your Netgear router won’t connect to Internet issue. If the problem persists, contact our technical experts now.