Today, Netgear R6700 Nighthawk AC1750 is the best dual-band 802.11ac router that promises 4x faster internet speed as compared to triple-stream routers.
Technically, Netgear R6700 Nighthawk utilizes AC1750 protocol, which gives you a dual-band uninterrupted wireless speeds of about 1,750Mbps on both bands to your gaming console, desktop or laptop.
In addition, 450Mbps (2.4Ghz frequency band) handles non-intensive online tasks like online browsing, while the 1,300Mbs (5HGz frequency band) is reserved for intensive tasks like online gaming and streaming.
Additionally, it uses Beamforming technology that is responsible for enhanced wireless range and improved signal focus that results in faster connections to all WiFi-enabled devices.
Its Attractive Design
Netgear R6700 is similar to the original Nighthawk model. It has the same color profile and housing design like Nighthawk. In addition, it has a wide base with rubber feet.
On the other hand, it consumes very limited space – it is not huge in size. can easily be plugged into any wall socket. That means you don’t have to worry about the space to place it.
Netgear R6700 Nighthawk uses ticker and longer antennas with Beamforming+. As a result, it is very helpful in boosting the existing signal strength, extend the WiFi coverage and reduces dead zones and blind spots.
- Its antennas are easily adjustable and removable.
- A clique of LEDs on the front panel, 12 in total.
- 1GHz processor.
- It uses 256MB RAM and 128MB flash.
- In addition, Netgear’s Genie smart app provides an easy way to monitor and manage your router without having to use your laptop or computer.
- It lets you to share and stream music, watch online movies with buffering.
- Parental controls and guest access feature on the go.
- Also, lets you to access Netgear router login page with routerlogin net admin password (default) easily.
- The Netgear R6700 Nighthawk AC1750 delivers outstanding storage performance.
- Tested through a USB 3.0 connection.
- It performs well on FAT32 (File Allocation Table) and NTFS (New Technology File System) formats (it returned splendid speeds on NTFS formats).
The next test should concentrate on the 5Ghz throughput speed from the Netgear router to a PC or laptop furnished with an Intel AC-7265 (2×2 802.11ac) WiFi connector. Shockingly, Netgear’s Nighthawk R6700 performed superior to most double band switches (routers) at 10 and 25 feet away.
At a distance of 10-15 feet away, the R6700 conveyed the most astounding throughput (524MB/s), superior to anything the TP-Link Archer C8 (479MB/s), which came in a couple of seconds.
Despite the fact, the same performance was recreated at 25-30 feet away, with the R6700 figuring out how to beat its competitors at both distances.
Overall, Netgear R6700 is apt to deliver class-leading secure wireless speeds over an 802.11ac protocol. In addition, it is a perfect example of the great improvements made over the generations. It is quite cheaper and the performance of the internet range is outstanding.
Moreover, it makes Netgear router setup a very easy task. As easy as ABC.
The Last Words
The Netgear R6700 Nighthawk is undoubtedly fast. If you’re looking for a router with the fastest performance without spending too much, then Nighthawk R6700 would be the better option.
So far, we ‘the solution partner of Netgear’ won’t hesitate in recommending this kind of smart wireless router.
While the R7800 X4S, is pretty fast, it isn’t a huge leap over the Netgear dual-band R6700. As a matter of fact, that works to Nighthawk R6700’s, the biggest benefit of being a router, with a valuable feature set that, right now, everybody can make use of it easily. It doesn’t require any brain-teaser steps of troubleshooting for setup.
- It’s USB 3.0 performance is worth giving.
- Netgear R6700 would be worth a tentative advise as a router of choice for bigger homes.
Folks! If you still have any queries, please let us know on toll-free number 1-888-927-4505.