Your Netgear WiFi router is the backbone of your smart home network system. You need fast and uninterrupted speed. And you need advanced technology to keep all your WiFi-enabled devices connected every time to the up running WiFi. On the other hand, such smart WiFi routers provide you the widest range of features and speeds to meet your home needs for internet/WiFi, music and video streaming, online gaming, online banking, online shopping, and more.
In this post, we will help you to configure your Netgear DSL modem router using Genie user interface.
- In the first place, you have to connect your DSL (Digital subscriber line) modem to the phone jack properly using the DSL microfilter.
- After that, connect your computer to any of the four LAN ports of your Netgear router using an Ethernet cable.
- Now, connect your Netgear router to its PSU (power supply unit).
- Wait for a couple of minutes for your device to boot up completely.
Note: If you have an existing modem router or DSL modem, then it is recommended to remove it from your main WiFi network.
- Open any relevant web browser like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, etc. After that, it will directly take you to the setup screen of Netgear Genie.
- If the setup screen doesn’t appear, then type the URL manually.
Note: If you are facing Routerlogin net not working issues, then make sure that the web address is entered correctly.
- Click on ‘Yes’ and after that, hit on the ‘Next’ button to continue.
- Select your country and then hit the ‘Next’ button.
- In the below-mentioned screen, you can see that the ‘Setup Wizard’ is detecting your internet connection.
- Your internet connection will be detected as PPPoE/PPPoA. But prior to this, you have to enter the password into the required field.
- Your Netgear router will automatically apply the settings.
- Now, click on ‘take me to the internet’ button and verify whether you are connected to the internet or not.
Note: If you don’t have the correct login details, please call us on our toll-free number 1-844-897-9854 and click on ‘try again’ button to complete the setup process.
If you are facing issues in accessing www.routerlogin.net login page or forgot or lost the admin details, then it is recommended to reset your Netgear WiFi router once.
- For this, you have to disconnect your router from the connected devices. Your device should be connected to the main power source only.
- After that, use a paper clip and insert it into the reset hole of your Netgear router.
- Release it carefully after a few seconds.
Your Netgear router resets. Now, you can create your own easy but strong admin details.
I want to change my Netgear router’s WiFi password (SSID). How do I suppose to do that?
- Connect your computer to the Netgear router and launch an Internet browser into it.
- Enter your newly created login credentials/details when prompt.
- Click on ‘OK’ once done.
- Select the ‘Wireless’ option when the Basic Home screen displays.
- Enter your new SSID (network name) in the network name (SSID) field.
- And after that enter your new password/password/passcode in the Password/Network Key field.
- Click on the ‘Apply’ button once done.
And that’s it. Your changes are saved successfully.
Note: Despite the fact that if your device disconnects from the main wireless network, then view the list of the available and active wireless network again and type the new WiFi network key (SSID) or password (network key).