Creating a long and strong passphrase on your Netgear wireless router will block the unauthorized people from accessing your business/ home network. If you forget or lose your password or passphrase, or if someone else discovers it, then you have to change your existing password as soon as possible. Don’t know how? Here’s a guide to help you reset passphrase on your Netgear wireless router. Read on.
In case you are not able to access the routerlogin net login page and change the security settings, then you are supposed to reset your Netgear router back it’s to factory defaults and then create a new strong password.
Change the Password on your smart Netgear Router
- Connect a computer/ laptop to your Netgear router using a healthy Ethernet cable.
- Load up a browser window, such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Internet Explorer.
- Go to routerlogin.net.
When the login page displays
- Enter routerlogin net admin password (default). But if you previously changed the login details (username and password), then you are supposed to enter your personalized one.
- Now, in the navigation pane (left side) select the ‘setup’ option and click on ‘wireless settings’.
- Next, below the ‘security options’, you have to choose your encryption type and enter the new passphrase (long and strong) in the ‘password’ box.
- Once done, click on ‘apply’.
- Navigate to the login page again using your updated new, long, and strong password (passphrase).
- As soon as you establish a secure internet connection, unplug the connected Ethernet cable.
How to Reset a Netgear WiFi Router
First of all, we insist you write down the configuration details that you changed on your router settings prior to you reset it. If you don’t save them, all the settings will be lost after the reset process.
- Use a paperclip, pin or pen to push the reset button on the back panel of your Netgear WiFi router.
- Hold the reset button for a few seconds or until the LED light on your Netgear device start blinking.
- Slowly release the button and wait for a moment while your router restarts.
- Pull up a browser window and navigate to routerlogin.net.
- Enter the default admin name and password. It is also recommended to change the login credentials as soon as you logged in successfully.
- If your first attempt did not work, then don’t worry just reset your Netgear device again. But you are supposed to unplug the power cord first. After that, apply the reset process.
Important Things That You Must Know
- Make sure that your Netgear router is up-to-date by the latest version of the technology.
- Ensure that your device isn’t placed or hidden back of anything.
- Moreover, it should be placed closer to your existing (updated) modem.
- If you are facing issues, then opt for another relevant browser. But make sure to clear all the browsing history, cache, cookies, junk files, and malware from it.
- Also, it should be placed away from cordless phones, Bluetooth speakers, metal appliances, microwaves, electronic gadgets, public WiFi, doors, reflection of mirror, concrete walls, treadmill, and refrigerator also.
So, our post on how to reset a passphrase on your Netgear wireless router ends here. If you need any type of assistance or help, then don’t forget to get in touch with our expert technicians.