There might be numerous reasons why you may not be able to access Netgear wireless router login page.
Despite the fact, the most common reasons behind this error are web browser cache, cookies, junk files, and IP address issues.
What to do to fix this issue permanently?
So, we advise you to clear all the junk files, malware, browsing history, cache, and cookies from the computer or laptop and use the following steps to gain access to your Netgear router login page. Let’s get started.
- First of all, you have to make sure that you are using a proper web address, correct username, and password.
Web address: routerlogin.net
Username and Password: Default
If you have previously changed the admin name and password for your Netgear wireless router, the default login credentials will no longer work.
- Moreover, if you receive an error message again and again when attempting access to Netgear router default login, consider clearing your internet browser cache and opt for another web browser like:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
What do we suppose to do now?
- As a matter of fact, make sure that you have restarted your device (computer, laptop, or Mac book) once.Note: Using a different browser can resolve many errors.
- If you use Google Chrome normally, try accessing Netgear WiFi router login page from Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Apple Safari.
- Another solution is to use Netgear router login IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 to access the login page instead of using routerlogin net login web address (default).
- If the IP address does not work, dial a toll-free number 1-844-897-9854 and have a word with our technicians regarding the same.
If you are still unable to reach Netgear login page, then try accessing it using different, easy, and handy methods like:
- A wired Ethernet connection
- Different wireless connections
- Attempt access with a different device (iPhone, tablet, laptop, computer, etc.).
- Make sure that you are using your Netgear wireless router internet connection to gain access to the router login Netgear page.
- As a matter of fact, a wired connection is an ultimate way to ensure you that you are accessing the Netgear router without any issue.
In case you are connected to numerous networks at the same time (wired or wireless), VPN (virtual private network), or a corporate connection, then it would be a reason for routerlogin net not working.
To fix this issue, disconnect from all VPN and internet connections and connect only to your Netgear wireless router.
Some More Solutions
- Disable pop-up blockers temporarily, firewalls, and ad blocking software.
- This process is to see whether any of these are causing access issues to Netgear router login username and password pop-up or not.
- Power cycle your Netgear router, main modem, and connected devices (including laptops, desktops, smartphones, tablets, iPhone’s, etc.).
- Unplug your devices from the main power outlet and plug them in after 10-15 minutes.
If none of the aforementioned steps work to resolve your Netgear router login access problem, then we advise you to perform a factory reset process on your Netgear smart wireless router.
Once you perform a factory reset process, all the personalized settings made by you will be lost; including username, password (security key), routerlogin net admin password, network name (SSID), etc.
- Once your Netgear wireless router has successfully been rebooted, access the Netgear router setup and login page once again.
- As soon as you are logged in successfully, click on the option “ADVANCED”.
- After that, under the option “Router Information”, make sure that your Netgear router IP address is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
- In order to prevent further login and setup issues, make sure that your firmware is up-to-date.
- To do so, you have to hit the option “ADVANCED” > Router Update > Check.
- If you found the new firmware, click “Yes” and update the firmware on your Netgear wireless router.
If you still have any question to ask, then without any hesitation lay onto the shoulders of our technicians.