Struggling with Netgear R6080 setup? Not anymore! Here, you will get to know how to set up and install Netgear AC1000 R6080 WiFi router with great ease. Continue reading.
Netgear R6080 dual-band wireless router is an extremely fast router delivering AC1000 WiFi speeds. It provides enhanced performance and WiFi coverage for the whole home. The AC1000 R6080 WiFi router offers three times faster access than similar 802.11n technology, providing the speed and reliability for online gaming and HD streaming all over the house. With up to 700+300 Mbps speed and simultaneous dual-band technology, it avoids wireless interference for hassle-free online mobile gaming and smooth media streaming. The R6080 WiFi router is also backward compatible with 802.11 a/b/g/n devices.
Without further ado, let’s walk you through the steps for Netgear AC1000 R6080 setup and installation.
Netgear R6080 Setup | AC1000
You can set up your Netgear AC1000 R6080 WiFi router in two ways: either using the web user interface or via the Nighthawk app. Both the setup methods are discussed below:
Netgear AC1000 R6080 Setup Using Web GUI
Follow the below-given instructions to install your Netgear AC1000 R6080 dual-band wireless router using the default web user interface:
- Firstly, unpack your Netgear WiFi router properly without damaging its package contents.
- Once unpacked, place the router in a central location at your home.
- Ensure to keep the router away from electrical devices such as home security systems, ceiling fans, cordless phones, microwaves, etc.
- After that, take an Ethernet cable and use it to connect your modem to the AC1000 R6080 router.
- Connect the power adapter to your Netgear WiFi router and plug it into a wall outlet.
- Turn on your computer or PC and ensure that it is having an accessible internet connection.
- Type routerlogin.net in the web address bar and hit the Enter key.
- You will be landed on the Netgear AC1000 R6080 WiFi router login portal.
- Fill in the required user ID and passphrase and hit Log In.
- The Netgear R6080 router’s dashboard will appear.
- Walk through the on-screen steps to set up and install your WiFi router.
Done! You have successfully completed Netgear R6080 setup. Now, connect your WiFi-compatible devices to the wireless network.
How to Set up Netgear R6080 AC1000 Via Nighthawk App
In the event that you find the web user interface method a bit difficult, use the Nighthawk app for AC1000 R6080 router setup. The app is available to download for both major platforms, i.e. Android and iOS. Here are the steps to install your R6080 WiFi router using the Nighthawk mobile app:
- Connect the provided antennas to your Netgear WiFi router.
- Now, make a wired connection between your router and the modem.
- Plug your router into a wall outlet and switch it on.
- On your Android or iOS device, open the Google Play or App Store respectively.
- In the search bar, type Nighthawk app and tap on the Search icon.
- From the search results, select the Netgear Nighthawk app and hit the Download button.
- Once downloaded and installed, open the app.
- Now, follow the on-screen steps to set up and install your Netgear AC1000 R6080 WiFi router.
In this way, you can easily do the Netgear R6080 AC1000 WiFi router setup. In the event that you are facing any sort of technical issues during the process, feel free to get in touch with our experts.