Netgear recently introduced the Netgear Armor Cyber Threat Protection on Orbi Mesh Systems. Here’s everything you need to know about it.
It’s a digital era and your home is where you get all your comfort needs. Of course, you love your smart security cameras, smart lights, smart lock, smart garage door opener, smart thermostat and the best – smart voice assistant, right? The world of Internet of Things (IoT) and a gamut of smart home devices have made our lives so convenient.
However, to our surprise, there are a lot of elements which are continuously looking for ways to target vulnerable smart devices. This results in malicious attacks, data theft and unauthorized access to your home network. But you don’t need to worry at all! Fortunately, there is a solution that offers advanced cybersecurity for your network.
And that is – Netgear Armor.
Powered by Bitdefender, Netgear Armor is an innovative cybersecurity solution that safeguards not only your home network but individual connected devices too. So, no more finger crossing and hoping nobody would gain access to your network.
In addition to providing you with strong ransomware and antivirus security, Netgear Armor even helps you keep you and your family safe from malicious activities. No matter whether you use Windows, Mac, iOS or Android, this cybersecurity application has got you covered.
How does Netgear Armor Work?
Armor, on a regular basis, scans all your internet connected devices and checks for vulnerabilities such as whether you are using the latest Netgear firmware update, how strong your Netgear router login passwords are, open ports, and other possible security failings. The application makes use of the cloud service to complete the scanning process quickly and with negligible impact on your network.
Once any malicious activity is blocked or detected, Armor will send you instant notifications so that you can act in real time.
What Features does Netgear Armor Offer?
- Device Detection and Management: Enables you to block and manage every device that connects or tries to connect to your home network.
- Network Vulnerability Assessment: Scans and determines the network weaknesses and sends you a weekly security report.
- Automatic Security Updates: Real-time notifications for the newest updates as well as alerts for events on your network.
- End Point Device Protection: Safeguards all your smart home devices, computers, laptops and mobile devices connected to your network whether locally or remotely.
- Antivirus and Ransomware Protection: Keeps you safe and sound from ever-evolving online threats and phishing.
- Stay Safe Even When Away From Home WiFi: Remain in the know about your home WiFi network with Nighthawk app anytime, anywhere.
Use the Armor utility after a proper Netgear DSL modem router setup. Basically, it helps you secure your Netgear router home WiFi network.
How to Activate Netgear Armor?
Armor actively blocks malicious applications and websites to protect you from cyber threats. But the app works only after activation! And you can activate Netgear Armor using the activation code. Here’s how to do so:
- Open any web browser on your PC or another WiFi-compatible device.
- Go to the default Armor login page.
- Create an account using your email ID.
- Once done, sign into your account.
- Now, click on allow button.
- Enter your activation code.
- Finally, click on activation code option.
Thus, you can activate your Netgear Armor to protect your network as well as connected devices. In case you come across any type of issue during the activation process, feel free to get in touch with our technicians at toll-free 1-888-927-4505. They will guide you through each and every step and make your Armor set up quickly.