Circle is a parental control technology that helps you keep an eye on your kids’ devices connected to your network. Today’s Netgear WiFi routers come with Circle technology already built-in. With Circle, you are able to set bedtimes, limit daily internet times for apps and websites, and view browsing history. If you are looking to set up Circle smart parental controls on your Netgear router, then look no further than our article. Here, we will walk you through each and every step for Circle setup on your router. Let’s begin.
Getting Started With Circle
Prior to commencing the Circle setup on Netgear router, be certain to have the following things along with you:
- Access to your Circle-enabled WiFi router
- The WiFi network name and password of your Netgear router
- Routerlogin.net admin password
- The Circle App
Set up Circle Smart Parental Controls on Netgear Router Using Web GUI
Follow the steps mentioned below to enable Circle on your Netgear device using the router web interface:
- Power up your Netgear wireless router.
- Turn on your preferred PC or laptop as well.
- Pull up any web browser, e.g. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Internet Explorer, or Microsoft Edge.
- Visit the default Netgear router login web page.
- When prompted, enter the username and password into the given fields.
- Click on the Log In button.
- Once logged in, the ‘Enable Circle Smart Parental Controls’ page displays.
- Click on the Enable button.
- Afterward, move the slider to the right side to enable Circle on your Netgear router.
- Click on the Apply button.
- A new page will open, telling you to download the Circle app.
- Download and install the Circle app on your mobile device.
- Now, open the app and create an account using your email ID.
- Tap on the Continue button.
- Thereafter, tap on the Awesome button.
That’s it! Circle Smart Parental Controls is now enabled on your Netgear WiFi router.
Set up Circle Smart Parental Controls Using the Circle App
In case you find it quite tiring to access the routerlogin.net web interface to enable Circle on your Netgear router, you can use the Circle app as well for the same. Here are the do-follow steps:
- Open the Circle app on your mobile device.
- Tap on the Get Started button.
- Now, input your router admin details and tap on the Login button.
- The Account Details page will open.
- Fill in all the required details and tap on the Continue button.
- Tap on the Awesome button.
Done! You have set up Circle Smart Parental Controls successfully on your Netgear WiFi router. Now, you have to set up family profiles. Set up a profile for yourself first to get familiar with the settings. After that, set up profiles for the rest of your family. Set up filters, bedtime settings, and time limits for your kids.
During the setup, Circle will search for devices that should be Unmanaged and pre-select to avoid issues on your wireless network. Unmanaged devices that are ignored by the Circle are Smart thermostats, WiFi-enabled light bulbs or switches, WiFi-enabled outlets, smart smoke detectors, and other smart home devices such as speakers.
All devices that are set to Unmanaged or not assigned to a family member will automatically be assigned to the Home user. Also, any new device that connects to your network will also belong to the Home user and you are able to set bedtime, time limits, and filters for Home in the same way as you do for family member profiles.